Saturday, January 19, 2019

My Retirement Penny

I retired officially on December 28th 2018, after working since I was 15 years old, where does the time go?

I have had many wonderful, hard working years that I wouldn't trade for anything in this world.  I have had some amazing experiences, learned so many things and done things that I NEVER DREAMED POSSIBLE! And most of all I have met some of the most incredible people ever!

On the last day of my retirement they were a couple of my very best friends that wanted to take me to lunch so I volunteered to drive and as we pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant I told my friends that I couldn't ask for a better gift than to spend time with them on my last working day.

Just before we got out of the car I said that all we needed to make this day even more special was to find a penny.  We all opened our doors and took about 5 steps and one of my friends pointed to the ground and there was a PENNY!  We all stood there and just cried for about 5 minutes because through the years working with them they knew about the Pennies From Heaven and shared many stories with each other.

In my heart I felt it was my mom sending me a message saying:  


I AM SO HAPPY AND PROUD OF YOU!!




No comments:

Post a Comment