Sunday, January 24, 2016

Pennies in a Jar

Christmas of 2015 my step-daughter (who in my eyes is a daughter to me) and also a very good friend.  She gave me this beautiful jar with the message: PENNIES FROM HEAVEN!!

All of the pennies that I have found through the years I have kept in the envelopes that people have sent to me with their messages and now I have the perfect place to save them.

Here is the picture of the jar with my pennies, a feather that I  found, angel wings from a friend, bracelet with penny charms from a co-worker and a key chain from my step-daughter with a very special penny that she had found from the year 2007,  which was the year that my mother had past.  VERY VERY THOUGHTFUL GIFT!!!


Every penny in this jar has a story, I would like to share a few of them.

This was one that happened to me 3-26-2012 - I was having a bad day and almost in tears, went into the store and when I got back to my car there were (3) pennies on the ground.

Hi Kathy,  I think your mom was sending me lots of wishes for you this weekend, love Chris.

Found this while hiking on my mountain by the hand gliding park, thought of you.  Carin

Heather a co-worker found a penny in the parking lot of our office on 2-19-2010 and gave it to me.

I found this penny July 2015 while I was walking with my neighbor and telling her that I wanted to start a Penny blog.

All weekend I thought about my mom and dad and how lonely things are without them.  Today was a beautiful day and I started to take a walk along a creek.  When I got back to the office I got out of my car from my walk and right there was a shinny penny, HEAD'S UP.

My dad was in an assisted living place and when we moved him to another facility on 6-23-2010 I found a penny on his shelf.

A co-worker on 7-27-2010 found a penny in the corner of a prescription bag that she had gotten after we had been talking that morning about PENNIES FROM HEAVEN with another co-worker.

On 6-18-2010 a co-worker of mine his wife found a penny at a company leadership conference that we had at San Antonio, TX right after I had told her about my PENNIES FROM HEAVEN stories.

Kathy, this is getting really weird!  The other day after I left the office, I stopped at CJ Banks to try on some new clothes.  I had been in the dressing room several times and I didn't see any penny.  The the last time, there it was, just sitting on the bench.  Your mom must like me or knows that I will be sure to give it to you.
Chris.

Chris was on her way to Italy and for a penny at the airport and mailed it to me.

Hi Kath,  my sweet Gary found these for you at our campsite at Otter Creek over the 4th of July.  With love Chris.

Kathy,  found this one just outside the car in Fairview.  TAILS UP.  Chris

THE ARE MANY MANY MORE THAT I WILL SHARE IN OTHER STORIES, THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING!!


1 comment: